Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Official ...



McNubbin* is 12 weeks old and swimming around in my belly. Yes I know it's not EXACTLY my belly but for blogging purposes my uterus and Belly are one and the same. Got it? Good.

The last 3 months have been a virtual rollercoaster. The first month, I barely noticed a change. The second month, change came with a vengeance! From nauseousness to being a complete basketcase... My life as I knew ceased to exist. Now I'm just getting passed my third and I cry for any reason. Sometimes even nothing at all. It's the times that I can't explain why I'm crying is what scares me the most. But those times are far in between so all is well.

So who am I and why would you be interested in reading about my pregnancy woes? Well the answer is my name is BSC (Bittersweet Confusion) and I've started this blog to not only chronicle this journey but also to maintain as many brain cells as possible since they say that a women seems to lose a few between Month 3 and 10.

That's right ladies! Don't be fooled by those rumors that you will be holding your bundle of joy around for only 9 months it's more like 10. In my opinion, you're only noticing it for about 9 so it works out somewhat. This is why when speaking in Preggo terms most opt to speak in weeks not months to avoid the confused looks of those who are not in the know.

The one thing I've noticed the most about being preggers is the vast amounts of information you get from every female you come across. Whether they were pregnant or know someone who was, everyone becomes an expert on what you should eat or better yet what you shouldn't, Old wives tales about what gender the bundle will be and most of all what you should not do while you're pregnant. Even the ones that you couldn't figure out how they dress themselves in the morning become human "What to Expect When You're Expecting" books. Not that it is not all appreciated (b/c it is) but sometimes you want to speak of something else other than remedies for night sickness (I didn't have morning sickness).

So here I am... ready and waiting for the next leg of my adventure to take shape and I will try to keep this updated as much as possible. I will soon post up actual sonogram pictures so you can be introduced to McNubbin properly.

*McNubbin is the Gender unbiased name the Fiance and I thought up until we know the gender. He threatens to continue calling them that even after birth but not sure how serious he is about that. Saving up for Therapy now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Engaged AND pregnant??!! Wow. Congratulations!!! Everything is moving so fast. is this where your new blog will be? Should I update my reader?

Jenni said...

Congratulations! The first three months are the toughest. Until you get to the last three. Oh, and then there is the whole birth thingy.

Good luck on the last two legs of your journey. I look forward to keeping up with you.

Demonica said...

LOL, well McNubbin is better than what I called mine. I referred to her as 'it'.

I'm so happy for you.

j said...

Well said! Congratulations on the engagement and pregnancy! We can be pregnant together :) I can't wait for my first ultrasound to see EXACTLY how far along I am ;)